OBI Original Blog

OBI plays Thursday nights at Victory Lane Sports Park in Glendale, AZ. Earlier 2013 blog postings can be found at onebadinningaz.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

List of Five All-Time Great Halloween Sports Quotes

In honor of Halloween, here are five scary sports quotes. Alright, the quotes aren't scary but the people who say them are very scary...Happy Halloween.
1) "The guy in front of me got #76 and the guy behind me got #78."
--Red Grange, "The Galloping Ghost", on how he got number 77 during his football career

2) "That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my clothes."
--Stu "The Grim Reaper" Grimson, on the Chicago Black Hawks decision to display color pictures of players over their locker room stalls.

3) "But I'm not fighting one bum a month, I'm fighting three or four."
--Buck "Tombstone" Smith, on responding to critics who said his 110-2 record was inflated  because he fought a bum a month

4) "Sometimes we have to remind Demetrius that you don't get extra points for degrees of difficulty."
--Roy Chipman, former Pittsburgh Basketball Coach, on the shot selection of Demetrius Gore

5) "We professional athletes are very lucky. Unlike most mortals, we are given the privilege of dying twice---once when we retire and again when death takes up."
--Johnny "Blood" McNally, Hall of Fame Running Back



NO SOFTBALL THIS WEEK FOR YOU !!! Go Trick or Treating as yourself and you will get more treats !!! C'Ya next week OBIers ...

No comments:

Post a Comment